Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Its a start

Tomorrow (or later to today rather) is the day that my Digidesign 003 Rack + arrives. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about starting my home studio. While I am way more familiar with Digital Performer, I welcome the new ProTools environment. I hope to start recording right away and hopefully have some new material soon. I will post as things start coming together, so all of you eagerly sitting at the edges of your seats (yet another joke about the number of people that read this blog) can hear the odd collection of sounds that bounce around my head all day.

I haven't purchased a mic yet (waiting to get more familiar with Pro Tools before jumping in and starting to record). I recently built a low fi microphone out of an old telephone, so I'm looking forward to playing around with that as well. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Lots of fun, learning, and hours.

Peter "Flying Soulo" Jones

No comments: